EBS Extensions: Oracle APEX
Do you have critical data and applications outside your EBS system?
Many E-Business Suite installations cover multiple departments and many business-critical processes. Such installations can’t always adapt to your needs. This is why companies resort to creating decentralized data points or databases (such as in Microsoft Excel or Access) to solve tactical issues. These applications often contain critical data. This raises issues such as:
- Data integrity. As a secondary “source of truth”, these outside data files can compromise your data. Sharing multiple copies can make things worse.
- Security. Excel or other types of data files don’t fall under robust authentication schemes and may not even be passworded. They can escape security, through printout or email, for example.
- Confidentiality issues. Such files make it difficult to control who has access to what information.
- Grey areas in your business processes. Because they exist outside your ERP, these files are rarely formally mapped.
Why E-Business Suite extensions make sense
Building extensions in EBS is an excellent way to ensure your business remains secure yet flexible. E-Business Suite extensions offer far better mechanisms for interfacing with EBS, controlling your data, improving your business processes, and growing with your EBS system. Modern, web-based E-Business Suite extensions, in particular, can offer a superior user experience (UX).
The ideal tool to develop E-Business Suite extensions: Oracle APEX
Oracle Application Express (APEX) is the ideal web-based development tool to build such extensions. Residing on your database and already covered under your database license, it enables Rapid Application Development with no limit on developer or end-user seats. Oracle recommends and supports using APEX to build EBS extensions.
Oracle APEX is a Low-Code technology platform that allows you to quickly build opportunistic extensions for data-heavy applications. Our experienced developers can use it to roll out robust enterprise-wide solutions. It’s also important to note that EBS patches and upgrades do not impact APEX as it runs decoupled from EBS in your database.
Our E-Business Suite Extension Services
We offer a full line of services around EBS extensions using APEX. Our expert team has deep experience developing rich dashboards, interactive reports, customized data entry screens, dynamic data interfaces, and more.
- EBS-APEX Projects
- Consulting/Staff Augmentation
- EBS-APEX Audits
- EBS-APEX Pre-Built Apps
- Training and Coaching
- Service Package
Our experts can leverage your organization’s resources, working alongside them, providing guidance, sharing knowledge and elevating their APEX abilities. Knowledge sharing is an important part of our methodology, accelerating the work and providing your staff with new skills to be used long after the project is completed.
We can optimize your EBS business processes through custom development on your existing ERP infrastructure.
Our team of experts can manage all aspects of your project, from planning to execution, leveraging years of experience in both EBS and Oracle custom development.
- We provide project management, business analysis, technical analysis, database administration, development, and quality control.
- All of our EBS implementations and upgrade project resources are experienced.
- We’ve developed and use tooling to speed the development of EBS extensions. These include
- Single Sign-On between EBS and APEX
- EBS context enabler in APEX
- Starter Applications
A popular model for EBS organizations because their business requirements are often closely related to EBS configurations, of which your organization has the best knowledge. Typically, your technical resources work alongside ours. For example, we can provide EBS and APEX resources for both technical analysis and development. In turn, you can provide project management and testing.
- Our resources can work on-site or remotely for technical analysis or EBS and APEX development.
- We’ve participated in EBS extension development in many different industries, including retail, manufacturing, and distribution
- Here are examples of modules and business requirements we’ve worked on with EBS organizations worldwide
- Resource Management
- General Ledger
- Order Management
Whether your system is on-premise or in the cloud, we’ll ensure your infrastructure and installed apps provide a stable and supported environment for years to come. Our APEX-EBS audits cover all aspects of a sound APEX implementation in the context of EBS. We’ll evaluate your infrastructure, applications and the development lifecycle process for best practices and provide a full report with recommended actions.
- Our EBS resources are worldwide references for APEX development
- We can provide best practices on multiple APEX infrastructure configurations
- You can apply recommendations at your own pace
EBS-APEX Pre-Built Apps
Our EBS-APEX pre-built applications are utilities that accelerate APEX development in the context of EBS. Not only can they satisfy a specific requirement or fill common business process gaps with custom development, they can also help reduce costs. They stem from our experiences on multiple development projects and comply with EBS development standards.
Training and Coaching
We offer a 3 days APEX introduction training focusing on EBS touchpoints and bridging EBS and APEX concepts. This type of training works best in-person and on-site. It provides a quick way to develop a proof of concept or answer specific questions related to APEX and EBS.
To ensure this service matches your schedule, coaching can be held on-site or remote and even in a combination of both.
Alternatively, a bank of hours can be established to provide “on-demand” coaching.